Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 £20,892 - £25,070 (Pro rata £18,350 - £22,020 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Maternity Contract, Full or part time considered (Minimum 3 days) 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
Closing Date: 26/06/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Cover Supervisor to join Goodwin Academy, you will provide cover for absent teaching staff and facilitate the learning by Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
You will be required to supervise whole classes, assisting students in undertaking pre-planned learning activities. This is a great opportunity if you are pursuing a career as a Classroom Teacher or a Teaching Assistant as this role will provide experience of working in a classroom and interacting with students.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100. – 2020 DfE report
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ with BEST being an acronym for B = Brilliance, E = Enrichment, S = Society and T = Thinking.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of roles and responsibilities please view the attached job description
- Committed to supporting students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Additional language skills would be beneficial to support our diverse student population.
- Previous experience of working with young people is desirable and the ability to contribute to the wider life of the school will be an advantage.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.